Technical excellence is the goal of all engineering organisations and individuals, whether in government or private industry, national or international.* This course examines the relationship between technical quality and reputation and provides delegates with the knowledge and techniques to enhance their scientific & technical impact.
Start Date: Monday 2nd July 2018
Intensive Seminar: Thursday 12th July 2018
Venue: University of Liverpool in London Campus, Finsbury Sq, EC2A 1AG
In an increasingly competitive scientific environment, organisational and individual reputation for quality excellence matters more than ever. Centred around a one day intensive seminar this course analyses:
- what constitutes high quality technical work
- how an organisation establishes a strong technical reputation
- the route to becoming a highly regarded technical expert.
Who is the Course for
This course is for mid-level career scientists and engineers seeking to enhance the impact of their work and develop their personal and organisation’s technical reputation.
The course provided a rare opportunity to interact with well-regarded technical specialists and to share their experiences from long careers in the science and engineering industry.
Technology Manager, Measurements and Analysis, NNL
The aims of this course are to:
- explore and discuss issues associated with producing high-quality and well regarded technical work that leads to a recognised reputation
- introduce the wider aspects of what constitutes technical quality and technical reputation
- investigate the cultural and organisational factors that motivate the desire to maintain reputation
- Discuss the connection between Technical Authority and Technical Excellence.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- how established techniques of research and enquiry are used to create and interpret knowledge
- the role standards play in achieving technical excellence
- the personal leadership qualities that are required to establish and maintain an organisations technical reputation.